Bigfoot Adventure Weekends Team
The Bigfoot Adventure Weekends team includes Jim, Jesse and Alan, all of them have lead investigations of Bigfoot. The guys have a passion for adventure and love exploring the woods in search of evidence of the elusive Sasquatch. All three have been actively investigating the Bigfoot phenomenon for the last several years and have had many interesting encounters deep in the woods at night.
Jim has been an avid Sasquatch believer for most of his adult life, but only in the last eight years has he moved from Bigfoot believer to Bigfoot researcher. Jim and his wife, Daphne, own a very unique store in Bailey, CO called The Sasquatch Outpost. The Outpost houses not only one of the largest collections of Bigfoot souvenirs anywhere in the country, but is also the home of the Sasquatch Encounter Discovery Museum, which has seen close to 15,000 visitors in the past 3 years.
Jesse began taking researching Bigfoot seriously in the summer of 2009. Growing up with a family that primitive camped nearly every summer has given Jesse a lifetime of experience in the field. This comfort level allows Jesse to see and hear things others may miss. Jesse has a diverse background in strategic planning, marketing and military. Jesse’s background gives him a critical eye to get the answers needed to solve this mystery.
Alan began researching the Bigfoot phenomenon during the summer of 2009. Being in the field has been the number one priority for Alan, and this effort has resulted in a number of “close calls” including recordings of possible wood knocks and vocalizations. Despite having a successful career as an engineer, Alan’s true passion is a calling to research the unknown. Since childhood he has always found time to get in the field, digging his heels into another muddy uphill hike.
History of Bigfoot Adventure Weekends
Bigfoot Adventure Weekends has been around since 2012 and has evolved into a premiere Bigfoot camping adventure hosted in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Below is a timeline of the evolution of BAW:
- 2012: The Salt Fork Bigfoot Experience with Sharon Lee (The Bigfoot Field Reporter) & Fathom Frontiers (Alan & Jesse) was held at the Salt Fork State Park group campground in southeast Ohio. The inaugural event was attended by 13 people and was a great start to something special.
- 2013: Sharon Lee decided to partner with Monica Rawlins and form Bigfoot Adventure Weekends, the two intended to hold campouts accross the country. With increasing overhead costs Monica decided to step away and Sharon asked Alan & Jesse to return. The dynamic trio grew BAW to over 60 attendees each year while holding just one event a year at Salt Fork.
- 2017: Sharon Lee decided to step away from BAW and left the name and brand to Alan & Jesse. Alan & Jesse recruited Dave Wickham & Amy Bue to assist them, created a new logo and incorporation the BAW brand into their existing LLC.
- 2020: The first BAW Colorado was held after Alan & Jesse relocated to the Denver area. Jim Myers from the Sasquatch Outpost in Bailey, Colorado was annonced as a new bussines partner and co-host of the event. Despite the emergance of COVID-19 the event was held with social distancing and masks required in common areas. BAW Ohio was canceled by order of the Ohio State Park system and rescheduled to 2021.
- 2021: Alan & Jesse returned to Ohio and held one final BAW event at Salt Fork. The Colorado BAW was also held a few months later making 2021 the only year there were two BAW events.